Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Minifon P55 wire recorder , pocket size of mid 1950s

N_Cook wrote:

[...]
Does T on the schematic translate as nano as in nanoFarad and how does A
arrow W of the switch posistions translate to play/record or engaged /
disengaged or forward/rearward

I don't know, I've never managed to get hold of the circuit.

Luckily the machine I borrowed to do some wire transfers had a working
amplifier; if it hadn't, I would have done what you propose and brought
the head wiring out to a separate amplifier. If you do it that way, you
will at least be able to confidently work out the correct time constants
from the circuit diagram, rather than guessing at them.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk