Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default RIP Broken Britain..

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:06:53 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

I wrote my thoughts in this earlier:

https://plus.google.com/106804227975...ts/S5QZMtPvWKj

I'll reproduce it here to save the effort of going the

[snip excellent article]

Very well written and much better than I could have presented it.

It's very unlikely that any of the looters were interested in Duggan.
It was just a spark to trigger the criminality.

I think they need to be tough on these criminals but I'm not sure they
should be punished any more severely than they would for the same
crimes at any other time. And I disagree totally with evictions for
the entire family if one member is accused of rioting or looting.

I agree that anyone convicted of these crimes does not deserve any
state benefits. However removal of these benefits may not actually
help if it leads to more crime.

It could be a good time to invest in prison building though.
--
(\__/) M.