Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default How to Discourage a Skunk?

Home Guy wrote in :

Red Green wrote:

Was once told by an extension service they LOVE grubs.

Yea, I do sometimes see evidence of digging in the lawn, but there
really isin't a grub problem around here. Lawns are mostly in good
shape. I've put down grub killer in the past. Crane flys have also
caused minor problems in the past.

I think they come because of the bird seed. And I have a feeding
station for squirels on the ground in the back, usually put shelled
peanuts and sunflowers in that (better that then have them knaw the bark
on the top side of of tree branches).

There's always the garbage to try to get into, as well as flower bulbs
and other desirable plants.

I don't think skunks eat bird seed. peanuts might do it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik