Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 13, 8:57*pm, SF Man wrote:

SNIP

I'm curious how much a pool evaporates.

Those of you with a pool, assuming no leaks, how much does yours evaporate?
(Note: The pool surface area is approximately 900 square feet and it's in
the sun all day, from 6am to about 8pm or so right about now).

Long term pool experience:

Large residential pool in OC, SoCal.
20x40 , all day exposure (yard / pool orientation, East /West)

Winter time usage ~1/2" per week
Summer time water usage ~1/4" to 1/2" per day.
Occasional high wind / hot weather usage as high as 1" per day.

Suggestion: Cover pool to reduce water loss & improve "swimability".

cheers
Bob