Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 14, 6:31*am, "
wrote:

No one has commented on this yet and I think it could
be important. * How exactly does it
shut off and wait 30 mins? * The issue here is normally
a well pump is designed to run continously and not
run out of water. * But since you have those huge tanks
it appears this well was set up to accomodate low flow
from the start. *If so, it may have some special mechanism
to cycle the pump. *

Good comments

...perhaps his "short cycling" & "dead period" is really a pump control
issue and not completely a well recharge issue.

Getting the pump behavior to match the well / aquifer behavior might
be easiest way to maximize water output.

cheers
Bob