Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Forced Air/Return air filters Advice please...

The Henchman wrote:

I have a 120 000 btu mid effcient furnance, mid 90s. Also a central air
tied into this as well.

The original return air filter box is an old electro-air electronic
filter that no longer works. The electric contacts are burnt out on the
housing and the cartigages. I'm debating about having to replace this
with a new electric filter or a paper type filter using those 4" wide
filters. Right now I cannot adapt any current paper filters into this
old housing because it's 3/8" shorter than modern housings and the
filter get crushed or distorted when inserted.

The one main criteria is I have two big dogs in the house.

Anyone got any advice? Thankee.

Hi,
In my case I had the EAC power supply fixed and had to get one element.
One was still good.You can try www.honeywellparts.com