Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

On Aug 13, 8:49*pm, SF Man wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:30:18 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc wrote:
Otherwise he can
wait it out and the level will slowly recover.

That's what I'm doing (I have no other choice).

In the last two days, the tank level changed by 20 inches.

That's 20x40 gallons per inch (approx.) which is 800 gallons.

So, it looks like the well, in the middle of the dry season (roughly March
or April to December), can only supply about 400 gallons per day.

So, my 'ration' will have to be 400 gallons per day ... like it or not.

Or is it. IIRC you said your pump requires a 30minute "off" befoe it
starts again. Your well may be recovering a lot faster than that.

You perhaps could put the pump on an adjustable timer so it shuts off
_before_ it runs out of water and then pumps again in, say, 15
minutes.

Harry K