Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_8_] G. Morgan[_8_] is offline

Default May I compare my well water setup to yours (3,094 usable gallons)

SF Man wrote:

Turn the sunlight into water.

Huh? How?

I was thinking if your 'plant' is big enough you can sell electrons back
to the power company, plus the savings you could put the $$ towards a
new well.

ROI for solar panels is still about 20 years

I calculated the ROI was about 7 years since we're paying about 50 cents
per KW hour for the last two weeks (or so) of the month (it starts at 12
cents per KW hour for the first week or so).

7 years! That's a no-brainier if you plan to live there longer than
that. Then you'll be "off-grid" if need be, and have a trusty new water
well too. If your capacity is high enough, you'll have an income stream
with Edison Electric selling *them* energy.

I pay .14/KWh no matter how much I use (I'm on the Texas grid).