Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default what's the best value HD Monitor for Satellite TV System

"gregz" wrote in message

I walk by a plasma tv in the store and I can feel the heat radiating.

Yes, but when you sit there and watch that drop-dead-gorgeous 60" picture,
the 5 cents/hour operating cost fades away.

Plasma is pretty much out of the question, as all I have seen have shiny
or have glair.

"Have glair"?

Those of you into photography know that a gloss print has higher contrast
than a matte print. Why? Because glossy surfaces reflect the light at the
same angle it struck, while matte surfaces /scatter/ it -- to your eye --
lightening dark areas.

The fact is that, regardless of display technology, you're going to get the
best picture only in a dim or dark room. In a dark room, surface reflections
from a glossy surface aren't much of problem.