Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT. Britain is a riot.

On 8/13/2011 11:46 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:04:42 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Maybe Cameron should try what Thatcher's government did with the IRA
prisoners. In the U.S., we would force-feed a hunger striker.
Thatcher just let them starve to death.

I don't know who was in charge. One night a convicted IRA bomber,
caught in the USA, spending many year in prison, was moved from USP-
Lewisburg, PA. Back to the UK I guess. They released the man within
a few days or so.

Maybe harry knows the name, circa 1992?

Another guy declared once he was a hunger strike. I tell all the staff
the guy is bullshinting them. I got to transport the hungry fellow to
a higher level facility.

I sat my bucket of KFC chicken next to the AC vent in the van. Mid-way
in the trip he tells me he is not on a hungry strike anymore.

He asked my rookie about eating, so I allowed him to have a "sandwich"
from his travel meal.

Me and Rookie Goober ate the chicken. By the time I arrive with this
numbskull, he has rejected his way of thinking.

Prisoners only need 2100 calories per day.

Seems kinda high, unless they are on work detail or lifting weights in
exercise yard all day. Varies by body mass and age and gender, of course.

--
aem sends...