Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Buying a new truck

On 2011-08-13, HeyBub wrote:

All other things being equal, take your car to the dealership with the
largest parts department.

Not sure what this has to do with flat rate, but OK, I'll respond.

Many dealerships have been actively divesting themselves of parts
inventories. Overhead, I reckon. I went to my local Mopar dealership
to get a part. They no longer carried it. So, went to my local Napa
dealer, who did have it. While waiting for them to ring it up, I
groused about how the Chrysler dealership was going down the tubes.
While bitching, I turned around and discovered the parts man from the
Chrysler dealership was standing in line at the Napa parts counter.
He smiled, sheepishly.

nb

And half the time they charge the Napa part out at Mopar price to
the customer. Not too bad if they use the premium Napa part - but the
cheap value line crap is a different story.