Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Large Twist Drills

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:35:40 -0400, the renowned "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

So my son asks me what the largest twist drill available is... I told him
10 feet because they could make one for him.

But that got me to thinking... With a Morse Taper #4 or larger (they go to
Morse #7, right?), what is the largest twist drill you guys have seen or
actually own?

There's a twist-drill manufacturer with their head office in Seoul
Korea who has a scaled-up twist drill sculpture in front of their
building. Maybe 20-30' high and 3' in diameter? ;-)

We're talking standard drills, not annular cutters or end mills, etc.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany