Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_5_] BigWallop[_5_] is offline

Default Floor Tiling. Need lots of help.

"harryagain" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
Hi Peoples,

I am having a nightmare about laying floor tiles on an old (very old)

All suggestions, as long as they are clean and viable, will be most
appreciably accepted.

You can buy backing board for situations like this. Looks/feels a bit

like
abestos sheet (but isn't) They have it at places like tiles RUs, maybe not
B&Q.
You screw it down on to floor boards etc & then have a good surface to

tile
to. I think a special flexible tile adhesive is used. You can pick their
brains at the shop.
It needs lots of screws

Ah Ha !!! Now that would be handy. I've looked at the cost of the flexible
tile adhesive and WOW !!!!!!!! Almost triple the cost of standard sticky
stuff. But I suppose if needs be.

I'm still a bit worried, even with the flexi' adhesive, that the joists will
still bounce a bit to much. I might just go ahead and lift the flooring,
above where the tiles are going, and set some noggins to help strengthen a
little more.

Many thanks for the tips though. Another way of thinking is always helpful.