Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default No dial tone on Verizon landline, DSL operating normally

George wrote:

Which is why I keep saying that not everyone has a demarc point
to which their entire home phone wiring is connected to via a
modular RJ-11 plug that they can simply dis-connect by unplugging
the plug.

But their certainly is in the picture of the NID he also included.

Yes. Roger says he has a box outside his house.

But Roger isin't the guy with the problem that started this thread.

If you have a "box" (NID) outside there is always a plug which
allows you to easily disconnect your stuff and allows telco
access without needing to go inside. That is the entire point of
the NID.

Way too many generalizations in that paragraph.

I could just as easily say that the outside box is secured with
tamper-proof screws or bolts and it not easily opened by the average
homeowner, and that there's no garantee that there's a modular connector
in the box vs just a hard-wired spliced connection to the demarc inside
the home.

But regardless - I don't believe the OP (frank1492) mentioned anything
about having an outside box.