Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Federal Budget n understandable terms

On Aug 12, 10:38*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

*"DGDevin" wrote:
"H
$800 billion is an interesting number, that's how much Reagan's annual
budget requests grew over his two terms which probably has something to do
with why the federal debt tripled on his watch.

* * Not really since the Democratic controlled Congress-- who has, as we
have established, actual control over what is finally spent--ADDED an
average of 2.8% to the expenditures.http://www.presidentreagan.info/reagan_budgets.cfm

But tell us again how the debt belongs to those rascally Democrats, that
Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility.

* * * Don't have to, the facts do, at least in the Reagan years. Bush
II, you have much better argument. *

With the exception of one vote by one member, all the current leaders of the
Republican Party in Congress voted to raise the debt ceiling during the Bush
administration seven times. *That's a fact Jack. *The problem isn't that
Democrats spend too much money, it's that CONGRESS spends too much money and
it doesn't matter which party is in control. *Until you get it through your
head that the party you approve of is just as loose with the public purse as
the party you don't like..., wait, what am I saying, like there is the
slightest chance of you being that open-minded.

You'd have to be living in a parallel universe to conclude that
both parties are equally to blame for spending too much money.
I agree the Republicans under Bush were spending too much
money, but at least now they have come to their senses.
The Democrats have not changed their ways and in fact,
have ACCELERATED spending. The budget is now 40%,
FORTY PERCENT higher than it was in just 2008.

We just went through the best example you will ever have.
The Republicans put forward multiple plans to reduce spending.
Each of them was met by Democrats villifying the Republicans
and refusing those cuts while also refusing to offer up real cuts
of their own. It took the tea party standing up to the Dems and
pushing with all their might to get ANY cuts. And at the end of
it all, with the Dems still screaming about draconian cuts,
we wound up with a whopping $60bil in cuts over the next
two years. That's a cut of .7% in the federal budget and it
will reduce the annual deficit from $1.600 tril to $1.570 tril
BFD.