Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default CDLs

"Ignoramus4922" wrote in message
On 2011-08-13, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:38:43 -0500, the renowned Ignoramus4922
wrote:

Thanks for a very interesting post.

I do not want to be a carrier, or a truck driver for hire. I want to
have a CDL to haul stuff that I buy and resell.

Just out of curiosity, are you planning to learn rigging too?

I would hope so.

It doesn't sound to me like it makes good business sense, given the
insurance you'll have to carry, etc. Having a commercial truck can be a big
PITA since you are always subject to roadside inspections. The potential
fines are considerable. You can find cheap tractors but they may be cheap
due to the increasing cost of maintenance to meet DOT standards.