Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_4_] Timothy Murphy[_4_] is offline

Default Broadband.

harryagain wrote:

My broadband connection keeps dropping out, more and more recently.

I'm no expert, but I was having similar problems,
and found that replacing the modem/router provided by my ISP
(Telecom Italia) to a Billion modem/router (5200RS)
cured this problem completely.
(I changed my Telecom Italia modem twice before going over to Billion.)

On the other hand, I had much worse problems in Ireland,
and in that case my ISP there replaced the last section of wiring
(from telephone pole to house)
and that cured the problem completely.

--
Timothy Murphy