Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Harry Land problem explained

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Then why do so many of you wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats when the
closest you've ever been to a cow is your bar-b-que?

Oh, some like to identify with their adopted culture. Why do so many drink
green beer on St Patrick's Day or visit an Octoberfest carnival? It's fun.

Green beer is still beer. Blue, purple, it isn't about the color. Hell, I
got some beer in the fridge that is damn near black.

I don't get the adopted culture thing, I have ancestors from Scotland but
you wouldn't catch me wearing a kilt. There is a certain phoniness in that
kind of behavior that I find odd, it suggests that people who try to put on
a new identity are not too happy with who they are.

Our biggest cultural event of the year is the annual livestock show and
rodeo.

You going to have any cattle left by then? Looks like your grass is turning
to dust at a horrible rate, ranchers are selling their cattle as fast as the
auction houses can handle them. Surprising to see Texans taken in by that
liberal climate change scam.

If, however, you are specifically pointing at me, you're projecting (or
merely guessing at a possible insult).

Oh hell no, I was merely pointing out that disguises come in different
varieties. As the late, great Frank Zappa said: don't kid yourself,
everybody here is wearing a uniform. [Somebody tell HeyBub who Frank Zappa
was}.