Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Large Twist Drills

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:10:27 -0500, Ignoramus4922

On 2011-08-12, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:51:01 -0500, Ignoramus4922

On 2011-08-12, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Ignoramus4922 wrote:
I sold some 3 3/4 inch MT6 drills.

http://yabe.chudov.com/3-3-4-in-taper-shank-drill-bit/

Wow ... that had to be a case of something that's really, REALLY,
expensive new, but whose market is so thin that it goes for pennies on
the dollar as surplus.

Bob

It sold for $103.74.

Oh, WOW. I have several hundred large drill bits. Several of each
size. I bought the entire drill room at a very large shop several
years ago.

I am sure that $103 was also pennies on the dollar.

But sure, you need to sell all of them.

maybe I'm wrong but i look at my shop and tooling as money in the bank
for retirement. I'd rather have an extra drill bit than a stock or
bond. I think they will still need drills when I do retire.

Karl