Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default insurance money

Karl Townsend wrote:

We had a serious hail storm July 1... That's the same day our idiot
governor shut down the government, its all his fault. That's my story
and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway we got the adjustor's report today. He estimates the house roof
(and other repairs) at 9K and the barn at 29K to replace. We are
making plans to get the house re-roofed.

His report goes on to state we'd get 10K if we just leave the barn go.
I'm tempted. Is there any downside on future insurance claims or other
issues?

First, ask him to define the terms there and read them until you
understand them, or have your uncle lawyer look over them. ;-)

My only experience with insurance claims was when they totaled
a car for me (the cost of the body work would have exceeded the
bluebook on the car) even though it was driveable, but the guy
said that I could get a "salvage" title, but all they would/could
insure would be liability. I finally sold it for about $200.00.

So, yeah, if you can get 10K and maybe recycle the barn, I'd say
go for it, but make sure that you really understand the terms of
the contract.

Good Luck!
Rich