Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Large Twist Drills

On 8/12/2011 9:54 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:35:40 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

So my son asks me what the largest twist drill available is... I told him
10 feet because they could make one for him.

But that got me to thinking... With a Morse Taper #4 or larger (they go to
Morse #7, right?), what is the largest twist drill you guys have seen or
actually own?

We're talking standard drills, not annular cutters or end mills, etc.

I have a 3 5/16 and I've used it. I'm sure this is no where near the
largest.

the ones they use to dig the holes to plant telephone poles look like
twist drills, or some sort of auger. do they count?