Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Trouble reading alt.home.repair

On 8/10/2011 5:30 PM, Hell Toupee wrote:
On 8/9/2011 2:25 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 8/8/2011 8:48 PM, Home Guy wrote:
"A. Baum" wrote:

That's because G00gle Groups is not Usenet. Get a real Usenet
account, plenty of free servers that carry AHR if you can't
afford 6 bucks a month.

Absolutely no reason to spend money to read and post to usenet.

Use any usenet client you like (many are also e-mail clients) and any
one of many free NNTP servers.

Other than for binary file downloading, I dare anyone here to make a
cogent and logical argument why the use of a paid usenet account gets
you more than using a free server when it comes to reading and posting
to text groups.

Here's one. I used to subscribe to a moderated group and none of the
free servers worked with that group.

Request that the moderated group be added to their list of newsgroups.
Most newsadmins will willingly add most newsgroups upon request.

Many requests were made to numerous news servers but not one took care
of the problem. It was long ago, I think they carried the group and we
could post, but the posts never made it back to the moderating server.
Many servers that charged worked just fine. Finally found one that
worked and it was free, until they got too much traffic then they
charged $5/year. It's been years since I posted there, I don't know
what their current situation is.