Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Paint Sprayer ?

On 8/11/2011 4:50 PM, James Nipper wrote:
I have never used a paint sprayer before. I have a wooden shed, and a
large gazebo (with many spindles, that would take a long time to paint with
a brush), and I was wondering if I should try a basic sprayer, and save
myself a lot of time.

Cost is not the main factor, but because I would use it very seldom, I don't
need top of the line.

Can anyone recommend a specific brand, and/or actual model number ?

By the way, I will be using latex paint.

thanks !!

James

Too many unanswwered questions... Do you already have a compressor? If
not, it is probably not practical to use a sprayer (compressors are
expensive, and non-air powered sprayers are expensive too...)

OK, let's say you have a compressor (that is big enough to spray with
(say 4-6 SCFM minimum), then I'd recommend any cheap spray gun. The
local flea market usually has some (new, Chinese, of course) for under
$50, or a discount house (of course Harbor Freight). You may want to
consider a 'touch-up' type gun if the areas are not too large, as they
are smaller and easier to manage, and also cheaper.

Latex sprays just fine... Just don't get the kind that is gelled as that
is a PITA to deal with. Why paint makers added gel to their latex paints
is beyond me, IMHO it makes painting more difficult.

--
I'm never going to grow up.