Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Some items in refrigerator are freezing

"RogerT" wrote:
Frigidaire Refrigerator/Top-Mount Freezer, Model Number FRT21P5A.

I got a call from a tenant who is saying that some items in the refrigerator
are freezing up -- milk, vegetables, etc. Apparently, the freezer part is
working fine. However, she said if she turns the refrigerator temp setting
down (from "colder" toward "cold"), things in the fridge do not get cold
enough.

She said this is not an urgent problem, but she thinks it has been getting
worse over the past 6 months and she is concerned that maybe the
refrigerator is getting ready to fail. I am going to head over there in a
day or two.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions of what I should look for
or try while there? If it is not a simple fix or it needs a part replaced
or something like that, I'll have an appliance repair person come out. I
don't actual refrigerator repairs since I don't know enough about them.
But, if there is something I can try adjusting or cleaning or whatever, I'd
like to give that a try first.

Thanks.

I had that problem with stuff in the freezer blocking the ports. The
freezer was trying to work too hard, freezing the fridge.

Greg