Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Question: US 220 vs Aussie 220

On 8/11/2011 1:14 PM, whit3rd wrote:

Most modern computer supplies either have a switch, or autoswitch. I
haven't seen a '110 PS' in decades. Some, which use a manual switch,
have a hard-to-get-to fuse. The fuse can pop, loud.

Actually, I did state that I forgot to switch this one. It was a
110/220, and I just plain got distracted and forgot to move the slider.
Won't make that mistake again... And it wasn't a fuse that went, I
opened it up hoping to find a fuse. Think it was a cap that blew.
The noise was close to a firecracker. I've never heard a fuse do that,
which is not to say they can't.

Jon