Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

On Aug 11, 9:28*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

So, if that is the risk Social Security is now taking, what would be the
safer alternative? What should it be invested in?

--
Ed Huntress

I believe that as long as one can prove that one is accumulating
assets for retirement, that one ought to be able to pay less FICA in
return for not collecting Social Security upon retirement. One would
still have to pay some FICA to support the retirement of those that
need help. In other words people should be free to choose where the
money is invested. I do not believe it should be a government
decision . Some people might invest in Bonds, some stocks, some
rental property. There is no one size fits all solution, but the
current scheme does just that.

Dan