Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Gray water leachfield

On 7/30/2011 1:03 PM, Evan wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:31 am, "Steve wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:59:13 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE
wrote:

Check county codes for installing a dry well

People mention codes, double top-secret permits, a truck load of
inspectors, etc ... but!

This is grey water for a small brewing set-up.

I often toss dirty water from a car wash bucket onto the lawn, around
trees and plants.

What is the difference?

Hold your phone calls, folks. We do have a winner.

Thanks, Oren. My sediments exactly. I was asking more along the lines of
construction techniques, but guess everyone went off on a legal tangent.
Forgiveness is easier to get than approval.

Steve

--

Heart surgery pending?www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Bull...

When you dump something on the ground, it has to leach through
the topsoil and subsoil layers before it can get into the aquifer...

When you dig a below the ground leaching field, you provide a
direct to the water table means of access for whatever you are
discharging...

Something which may not be harmful in the concentrations which
survive the UV exposure when they are flowing across the surface
of the ground and whatever portions successfully penetrate the layers
of soil between daylight and groundwater could potentially pollute
the aquifer when you directly inject them into the ground...

This is why septic and drainage systems require permits and
hearings... You aren't the only one using the ground water in
your area -- but if you want to create your own "plume" of
something and become one of the EPA's most wanted --
go for it... The lawsuits from everyone who owns land within a
mile of yours and alphabet soup government agencies you
have never heard of before won't cost that much, will they ?

Dry wells are in many places restricted to rainwater use
only...

~~ Evan

in my area, the water table is around 400' below the surface. there's
not much difference between on the ground and 4' down.