Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Nuclear Reactor Problems

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

Apart from nuclear, there is water, wind, solar and more renewable
sources. Battery technology is now so far along that even tugboats
are equipped and are saving (in hybrid mode) 40-60% of their diesel
consumption. I'm not that sanguine about the "greenness" of
manufacturing high yield batteries, but that should also improve with
demand. For now, I think the only transportation that would be
difficult to replace is jet planes.

Batteries are not "fuel sources," they are "fuel storage devices."
Just like the gas tank on an automobile.

Right, but they are a necessity for electric automobile propulsion, don't
you think?

"Alternative energy sources" can do no more than nibble at the
margins. All those you mention make up less than 5% of our energy
needs.

Not so clear to me. It will take time and money to get alternative
energy sources more integrated, but it may not be as expensive as you
think, and neither as far away

Of course if we poured billions upon billions into research and
development, we might be able to increase that to 10%.

Refurbishing current energy plants and building new ones does take money,
but it should be well-spent, not at the whim of big oil, etc.

--
Best regards
Han