Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default OT Buying a new truck

On Aug 10, 11:50*pm, "
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:02:07 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:

On Aug 10, 10:32 pm, Metspitzer wrote:
The Ford place has a 2011 Ranger XLT I would like to have.

I think you're nuts to buy any new vehicle unless it's like buying
lunch... or you can't get a loan for used. *That's a different story.

Not true for most trucks. *When I bought mine (ten years ago), the difference
between a new truck and a 1-yr old with 20K, was $1K. *$6K bought a
six-year-old with 90K, and a rebuilt title.

That only suggests you didn't know **** about buying vehicles, 10
years ago, and it doesn't look like you've enjoyed much improvement.

I only grew up in the car business and worked in it as an adult for 6
years. I've sold and bought thousands of vehicles, and made great
money, obviously I couldn't know the first thing about vehicle sales.

I'm not even sure it's true for cars anymore, either. *With the recession,
used car prices have gone through the roof.

I know the news tried to sell that story, don't believe everything you
read.

New vehicles are for saps. *You can get a lot more used rig for less
money. *I like Ford but I'd bet they're still installing that POS
clunky signal/flasher mechanism in my '96.

So what?

So what, what?
-----

- gpsman