Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Buying a new truck

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:02:07 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:

On Aug 10, 10:32*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
The Ford place has a 2011 Ranger XLT I would like to have.

I think you're nuts to buy any new vehicle unless it's like buying
lunch... or you can't get a loan for used. That's a different story.

Not true for most trucks. When I bought mine (ten years ago), the difference
between a new truck and a 1-yr old with 20K, was $1K. $6K bought a
six-year-old with 90K, and a rebuilt title.

I'm not even sure it's true for cars anymore, either. With the recession,
used car prices have gone through the roof.

New vehicles are for saps. You can get a lot more used rig for less
money. I like Ford but I'd bet they're still installing that POS
clunky signal/flasher mechanism in my '96.

So what?