Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Sump Pump w/o Tile Connection?

WandererFan wrote:
On Aug 8, 7:43 pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 8/8/2011 4:01 PM, . wrote:
snip snip

Can you post well-lit photos of the problem corner somewhere, with a
link back here?

Sorry computer problems for a day or two.

Still doing demo, but pictures of inside are he
http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/20192...Water?h=492572

Outside is concrete patio extending 10+ feet in all directions.

Once the inside finishes are out, I'll get some shots of the bare
concrete.

It's hard to say for sure, but it looks to me like it may be possible to
just put in a sump pump in the corner or area where the problem is and that
might work. I have something similar in the basement of a house that I own
and I think it is the water table rising every once in a while, especially
after a lot of rain. I had a sump pump pit put in, with stone around the
pit of course, and put holes in the side of the pit. I didn't break out the
floor along the walls or anything like that -- just a sump pump in the
corner. It worked for me. When the water table rises, the water comes into
the sump pump pit through the sides and the pump pumps it out. That solved
the problem. My thinking was that I would start with just the sump pump pit
and see if that worked. If that didn't work, I figured I could always go to
the next step of breaking out the floor along the walls and running drain
lines under the floor over to the sump pump pit that I already put in. But,
I ended up not needing to do that -- just the sump pump pit by itself
worked.