Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham. Graham. is offline

Default OT - TV beginning to pack up

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article
,
rpgs rock dvds wrote:
10 y.o. CRT, switch it on in the morning, it flickers a lot, then
settles down 5 mins later. During the day, a couple of times I see an
amber coloured "thin line flash" and hear a crack/pop noise. Tube is
probably going.

Is this dangerous? Got kids around ATM. Don't want the telly
exploding. Also, can it be fixed, or shall I get a flat screen TV?
Don't want to spend much, any bargain recommendations please?

Thanks a lot.

Have you got a local FreeCycle group? This one is awash with good working
CRT sets. All makes and sizes. Often several a day.

We have a British Heart Foundation charty shop in an old Woolworths
building. Nice display of working CRTs in various sizes.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%