Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBoy DerbyBoy is offline

Default OT - TV beginning to pack up

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article
,
rpgs rock dvds wrote:
10 y.o. CRT, switch it on in the morning, it flickers a lot, then
settles down 5 mins later. During the day, a couple of times I see an
amber coloured "thin line flash" and hear a crack/pop noise. Tube is
probably going.

Is this dangerous? Got kids around ATM. Don't want the telly
exploding. Also, can it be fixed, or shall I get a flat screen TV?
Don't want to spend much, any bargain recommendations please?

Thanks a lot.

A CRT Colour TV is a marvel of technology. I guess we have almost lost the
means of even making the tubes now.
Cue: Cadbury Smash Alien, "So you fire an electron beam through a hole in a
mask to make a phosphor spot glow....."