Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Stinky washing machine

On Aug 2, 9:30*am, "Nelly" wrote:
I'm getting ready to move so am deciding whether or not to keep the w/d.
Although it's an old Kenmore I still kind of like it, and I'll end up
replacing it with an expensive front loader. I've tried full loads with lots
of bleach, later tried baking soda. Of course I wiped down as much as I
could easily access. Still the machine & clothes coming out of it smell
mildewed. (Can't remember if I tried vinegar yet or not.)
TIA for any suggestions,
Nelly

Your machine has built up a bleach resistant bio film on the
outer surface of the drum which you can not access to wipe
down...

Try to find a hospital grade cleaner which can sterilize...
Or have the machine taken apart and manually scrub the
outer surface of the drum and inner wall of the whole tub...

~~ Evan