Mapdude

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

So true. I also insisted that my wife buy her new car in her own name
with out mine on the title. That way she has her own credit history
with very stong entries.

Then we paid it off six months later with home equity, and she has a
really strong credit profile to fall back on if she needs it.

Yeah, she has her own Amex too. We cut up all the Visa / Mastercard /
Discover cards a long time ago when we got them paid off. All we carry
now is debit cards and Amex.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dave Balderstone"

She just got back into the workforce after raising two kids and set up
her own account for her payroll deposit. She wants to feel that she has
her own money after a decade and a half of not having much of it.

She should also have a credit card in her own name also. Can be handy "just
in case"