Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Small monochrome CRT monitor issues

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Biehler
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have high voltage, getting about 260v to the screen grid, filament is glowing. Scope shows activity on horizontal and vertical deflection. I can see the amplified video signal at the cathode on the tube.

What am I missing? Not enough HV? Poisoned cathode?

If you hold the scope probe near the face of the CRT, do you see a
flyback pulse?

Does the FBT have a stick diode in its EHT lead?

- Franc Zabkar