Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1471 Ignoramus1471 is offline

Default Cheapest way to put up a corporate sign

On 2011-08-08, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:25:36 -0500, Ignoramus1471
wrote:

What would be the cheapest way to make a sign (to be hung outside on a
wall) with a corporate name.

I do not want anything fancy, just the name of my corporation on a 2x8
sheet of whatever.

I would prefer it made "professionally", rather than do a DIY job.

Damnit all, anyway. I haven't bought/built my CNC router yet. (Funding
coming in roughly 2 weeks.)

'Course, you could do it on your CNC mill with a router bit and Corel
Draw, Ig. Feed it 2' at a time. If not Corel, then maybe Gimp under
Xnix.

The sign would need to be larger than my mill can handle.

Let me ask a more direct question.

I have been loking at vinyl signs, and it looks like a typical 2x8
vinyl sign would cost me about $130.

If I buy a vinyl sign with grommets, or a vinyl mesh sign with
grommets, and fasten it to the wall, is that going to survive for a
few years under the hot Illinois sun and winds?