Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Man electrocuted while "allegedly" stealing wiring (HOUMA, LA)

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:23:15 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

Libel or slander was the reason we were told in J-School to use
alleged until the jury returned and the gavel went down.

The guy is dead. He's not going to sue.

The family can. A grieving mother will fight, if nothing else but to
say "my son was innocent". He would never steal.

And what's more, there will never be a determination (legal or
otherwise) that he was infact trying to steal the wire. He'll never be
tried or convicted of the crime.

No. He met his maker.

The only public opportunity to label him or describe him as a thief, or
to say in a public venue that he died while thieving, was lost.

Go steal some movies, music, etc., and we can save you from being
called a thief.