Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Pool Vacuum Hose Question

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:57:08 -0700 (PDT), Lee wrote:

If this question should be on a different group, please let me know; I
don't want to create clutter here.

We have a Hayward Pool-Vac Ultra that is powered through about 35 feet
of 1 1/2 inch (sections) hose. The hose is frequently twisted into
loops that keep the vacuum from cleaning all of the pool. We have
replaced the gear-box, but that didn't help. What we think would help
is some kind of a swivel joint that could be placed between sections
of the hose, but we have not been able to find any such coupling. Do
any of you know of something like this, or do any of you have any
other suggestions on what we can do to eliminate this hose looping?

'Sorry if this question is off-topic; I just don't know where else to
ask.

Lee

Take the hose sections apart, allow them to lay in the sun awhile This
will take some "memory" out of the hose. Yes, you can buy a 'swivel"
connector (Leslie's). Attach that on the pool-vac, then the hose to
that. This allows free movement and non-curling of the hose.

Another thing is to adjust the Jandy valve, and reduce the suction on
the hose from the pump.

Not a real big problem. It may be time for some new hose sections.