Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Man electrocuted while "allegedly" stealing wiring (HOUMA, LA)

.. wrote:

You're right it would not kill them to leave out the word allegedly. But
the problem is this. Who then decides and on what criteria to
leave the word out and accuse the guy of stealing? If they come to
the wrong conclusion, they will be accuse of false reporting and
potentially open to a lawsuit. I can see it taking a lot more time and
money for the
paper than it's worth. I would not want to
be the guy deciding when to leave the word out.

Sigh. If only there were such a tort as "false reporting."