Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Gray water leachfield

Bob F wrote the following:
Steve B wrote:

I bought a house. Included was about 50 gallons of waste oil, 5 gal.
buckets of roofing butyl, and assorted 5 gal. buckets of gook. I
took the oil to the box store that sells auto parts. Have to have a
receipt that says you bought 5 gal. of oil THERE in order to turn in
the 5 gal. of used oil. Called JiffyLube. No can do. Called the
landfill. They have an "amnesty" day ONCE A YEAR where they will
take anything no questions asked. The next one is this spring.

I put the oil in a milk jug labled "old oil" and put it out next to the
recycling bin on the appropriate day, and they take it away. Or, take it to the
transfer center and dump it into the tank there.

I filter the old oil and dump it in my fuel oil tank. A gallon of motor
oil isn't going to make much difference in a 500 gallon tank.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY