todd

Default OT - JFK vs BUSH

"Mark" wrote in message

todd wrote:

As long as we're off-topic, I was listening to my financial guy, Bob
Brinker, on the radio today. .... the caller ended up asking Bob if he

would
rather have the Presidential election decided by the popular vote. Bob

said
he would support that because people don't understand the Electoral

College,

Let's not forget why the Electoral College was created.

They don't trust the people. The 'winner' has to be validated through

them.

Hey, I have no particular attachment to the Electoral College. Honestly, I
never gave it much thought until the last election. For a fairly thorough
discussion of the Electoral College, see
http://www.fec.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf. Other than that, you seem to have
avoided my main point quite well.

todd