Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave_s Dave_s is offline

Default Hamilton Beach Blender -jammed switches

Bill,

My recollection is that unit operated by pushing down any single
button at a time.
The unit was turned off by pushing the off button.

The problem happens if more than one button was pushed at a time.

Once pushed down, unless wiggled vigorously it prefers to stay down
even though while trying stop is pushed. Side to side alignment is
really critical to help button rise up again.

Give this a try.....gently pry off all the plastic buttons to expose
the metal switch posts.

Cannot remove any white plastic buttons.
Tried prying, no success.

Regards, dave_s
Gently grip each post in turn and pull up on it sightly. Each time you
pull up on a post, gently push down on the "off button" post.

If you continue to work the switch posts,
I believe you will be able to return the switch to its "normal" state;
all posts up& the "off button" post down.

My recollection is that the switch can be teased back to working
without taking the case apart.

cheers
Bob