Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default SLOWWWWW....

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:45:09 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

Oren wrote:

I want to know if there is such a thing as a non-free, non-
shareware usenet client.

Agent.

Exactly. The OP has owned Agent and has had a proper key. He could
contact Forte and update the version.

Forte Agent version 3.3 and older is free.

Um, The only version that was free from Forte was Free Agent. v. 2.x
and up requires an activation key. Same with my v. 3.0.x I'm running
now.

Why would anyone that's not downloading binary files from usenet want or
need a paid news-reader just to read and post to text groups?

Stability, simplicity and portability. Agent (mine) can be made
portable by copying the install directory anyplace you like, Requires
no further install and is not tied to the OS with octopus tentacles. I
don't do binaries, so I have no need for the advanced binary features
used these days.