Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default To create more jobs...

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

I recall some very hairy moments in a rent-a-car that had those abominable
motorized shoulder belts trying to strangle me as I reached out of the car
trying to retrieve a parking pass that had fallen out of the car. I can
easily believe those sorts of belts caused some pretty serious accidents
because they disappeared from the scene pretty quickly. That's usually an
indication that something was wrong with the technology.

Forgot about those. The only seat belt that could kill you while the
car was still standing still. I think their biggest problem was more
convenience. I don't know that they killed that many people because the
consumer complaints got them pulled fairly quickly.