Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default SLOWWWWW....

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:27:35 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Although I find it annoying when Google Groups takes a long nap, I
don't at this point have the motivation to buy a newsreader. However,
I will gratefully consider all free, or economical and ETHICAL
newsreader suggestions.

You don't have to "get" a newreader. One came with your operating system.

This horse was beaten well last month. At least I thought so. Maybe we
can go again next month and do it on a monthly basis.

OP asked:

Straight question.

What is the purpose of paying for a newsreader? Is it to access news
groups? For that purpose, is Google really so awful? Esp, for
people who visit only a few NGs?

(Note: I had one of the BEST email clients for years -- Forte Agent.
Swift, powerful, sophisticated.
But when they discontinued NG access, I went to a Web-based email
client. I guess I could still use Agent just for email, but now I'm
sot in me ways.

Or do people pay for a newsreader to follow the news, period. If the
latter, why not just go to news sources on-line?

Have been puzzling about this for some time.

Enlightenment, anyone?

HB

Department of Redundancy Department