Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default SLOWWWWW....

Higgs Boson wrote:

I do appreciate the many (civil) replies suggesting various free
or paid newsreaders.

Paid newsreaders?

What usenet client software is not free?

I don't at this point have the motivation to buy a newsreader.

I wasn't reading this entire thread. What usenet client software was
mentioned in this thread as having a cost associated with it?

However, I will gratefully consider all free, or economical
and ETHICAL newsreader suggestions.

What would a non-ethical newsreader suggestion look like?

I use Netscape Communicator 4.79 for reading news.

It's one of Netscape's old e-mail/usenet client programs. When paired
with Netscape Navigator, it was Netscape's complete internet "suite" for
home and soho users back in (and prior to) 2001.

It can be downloaded from he

http://downloads.5star-network.com/I...t/cc32d478.exe

Here's what the user-interface looks like:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/.../navigator.gif

Very fast and efficient and organized way to read and post to usenet. I
dare anyone to show me something better.

Google groups is an utter joke for reading and posting to usenet.