Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default SLOWWWWW....

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jul 30, 2:26 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Google must be taking one of its naps. Several messages of mine have
not appeared after days.

Anybody else?

HB

I do appreciate the many (civil) replies suggesting various free or
paid newsreaders. I had even begun to do some on-line investigating
between 7/29 and 8/1, but hadn't arrived at a choice when Google
suddenly sprang back to life.

Please don't think I'm a rat in a maze, or whatever the unkind
suggestion was: I can make a perfectly rational decision if I am
motivated to do so. However, most of the users of "regular"
newsreaders who have shared their experience seem to use their
newsreaders far, far more than I do, and for downloading exotica that
are beyond my ken.

I visit only a very few NGs, and get my news from the radio and from
on-line newspapers and other sources of my choice. So I have limited
motivation to get a dedicated newsreader. During the many years when
my email client was the fabulous Agent and its NG component, all was
copacetic (my, that goes back a way!).

For some reason - I think connected with traveling a lot ?-- I needed
an email client that I could access via the Web, so that's when I
signed up for Verizon (tfui, tfui) and subsequently Gmail in order to
diversify; now I have several other email accounts.

Although I find it annoying when Google Groups takes a long nap, I
don't at this point have the motivation to buy a newsreader. However,
I will gratefully consider all free, or economical and ETHICAL
newsreader suggestions.

You don't have to "get" a newreader. One came with your operating system.