Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_3_] LouB[_3_] is offline

Default Why does a built-in gas grill cost so much?

George wrote:
On 8/1/2011 8:28 AM, LouB wrote:
Caesar Romano wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 13:26:44 -0400, paulaner wrote Re Why does a
built-in gas grill cost so much?:

I'm thinking about a small "outdoor kitchen" when I add a screened
porch on the house. I'd like to have a nice gas grill built into a
concrete countertop, ideally with a burner on the side as well. The
plan will also include a ventilation hood.

It appears the built-in models are about 2 times the cost as a
freestanding grill. Can I just buy a nice webber grill and retrofit
it into the space I need?

Yes, that can be done.

I have a natural gas line nearby, so I plan to hire an experienced
plumber to connect the system up for me. Yes - I will buy the right
burner elements.

Thoughts?

Good ideas.

I beleive some grills are marketed as dual use. Propane and natural gas.
AFAIK its not the burner that changes, it is the input regulator.

The burner assembly is what changes. NG requires larger orifices.

Thanks