Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Buckets stuck

Higgs Boson wrote in news:55fbe2c6-60f3-4917-8b55-
:

Is this an engineering problem or what?

Two of the buckets I use around the garden, etc. are stuck, one inside
the other. I and other neighbors, strong ones,
have tried like hell to separate them. Thumping, prying, banging, even
pouring water around the rim of the bottom one.
Nada. Niente. Nichts. Rien.

This has become a challenge.

What next? Baby powder? Or...?

HB

Use the area between the bottoms as a piston. Alternatingly heat and
cool it, while keeping the rim area of the bottom bucket wet with either
water or glycerin (more slippery, doesn't dry up). When you have enough
lubrication, insert a small screwdriver or wire between the buckets to
allow air in. Should work, but it is better to store the buckets with a
small stick between them.

--
Best regards
Han